|RES Canada, founded in 2003, is based in Montréal, Quebec with a construction office in Ontario. A wholly-owned subsidiary of RES Ltd., RES Canada focuses on developing and constructing wind, solar, transmission, and energy storage projects.|
RES Canada offers a full range of services including assistance with renewable energy and energy storage project development, resource measurement and analysis, permitting, financial modeling, technology selection, electrical design, civil engineering, finance, EPC and BOP/BOS construction, operations and maintenance.
RES Canada is well-positioned to satisfy local content requirements at the First Nation, provincial, and municipal level. We have successfully met stringent domestic content requirements in Quebec and Ontario, as well as First Nation expectations for participation during project construction in Ontario.
Significant RES Canada achievements include:
- Selection by Hydro-Quebec for 1054MW of projects in two tenders (2008, 2010), where RES acted as the developer and construction partner within the St. Laurent Energies consortium.
- Selection by the Ontario Power Authority for two 99MW projects under its RES III Request for Proposals. RES Canada developed, constructed, and operated both wind farms, which became operational in 2011.
- Completion of the first 10MW solar project under the Ontario FIT program and the further construction of 70MW of utility-scale solar in Ontario.
- Construction of the largest wind farm in Ontario, the 270MW South Kent facility in the municipality of Chatham-Kent.
- Construction of 4MW (8MW range)/2.6MWh lithium battery system in 2014.This provides frequency regulation to the IESO system in the province of Ontario.
Peter Clibbon | Senior Vice President, Development - RES Canada
Mr. Clibbon joined RES Canada in 2005. He is responsible for RES' development activities in Canada, where he leads a multi-disciplinary team with projects across the country. He recently led the closing of 198 MW of projects which have now entered into construction. Mr. Clibbon is responsible for developing a pipeline of over 2,000 MW of projects across Canada. Prior to joining RES Canada, he worked for seven years with the European development team of Vestas and NEG Micon.
Mr. Clibbon has more than twelve years' experience in the renewable energy industry. He holds a Bachelor of Engineering from McGill University, Montreal and a MSc in Renewable Energy from the University of Reading (UK).