7076 - Project Manager-USA
|Reference #||Job Title||Location||Category||Open Date||Close Date|
Description: The Project Manager will manage wind or solar farm construction projects.
- Client satisfaction, budget control, profitability, contract compliance, problem resolution, and project personnel management.
- Organize, execute and coordinate work of the field project team.
- Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy, and standards of engineering and design drafting for the project. Works with engineering and technical groups to ensure work outputs comply with standards and meet contract requirements.
- Able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors.
- Produce weekly reports to RES management on site progress and monthly reports to the client.
- Produce and revise construction schedules using MS Project.
- Monitor and document site progress.
- Write site specific subcontract scopes of work for all elements of the works.
- Prepare bid documents for subcontractors and assess bid returns from subcontractors.
- Complete monthly valuations for subcontractors. Complete monthly pay application to the client.
- Work with project civil and electrical engineers (RES in-house or 3rd party) to ensure required drawings and information are available ahead of construction and to resolve technical issues during construction.
- Review drawings to ensure completeness and constructability.
- Chair daily Plan of the Day meeting with all subcontractors and client representatives.
- Chair weekly site safety meetings with subcontractor managers & Conduct weekly site safety inspection.
- Chair monthly client progress meeting.
- Develop site specific quality control documentation (with site QA/QC supervisor) & environmental documentation (with site environmental supervisor).
- Accomplish any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum 5 -10 years of proven experience that includes a proven track record of managing large scale construction projects. Wind farm, Solar OR utility experience is preferred. A renewable energy background is a plus.
- Experience communicating and the necessary skills to interface with subcontractors and clients.
- Ability to work outside on a daily basis in adverse weather conditions, including extreme temperatures, ranging from -22 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability/flexibility to travel for short and long term periods. Must live near the project for approximately nine - twelve months. Eligibility for per diem based on company criteria.
- Skilled in MSOffice, Outlook, Excel and MS Project.
Education: Requires four-year engineering degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, plus a minimum of five years experience of construction, design, finance and management.
To apply to this position, please click here. No third party recruiters or agencies please.
RES Americas maintains a drug and alcohol free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: The company reserves the right to modify or alter this description at anytime in the future.